The steps below allow us at BIT to assist agencies to establish a website and track the progress from start to finish.
1) Who are the central contact persons?
2) Who will you designate to maintain site content after completion?
– They will get admin login.
3) Can you dedicate 7 Business Days to get to PHASE 2 (described below) of development?
4) What features are MUST-HAVE’s?
#2 Develop Website
PHASE 0 – Establish a Basic Presence ASAP [PARTIAL AGENCY INPUT REQUIRED] – Duration: 24-48hrs
– Configure Azure Server Platform
– Configure Backup Protocols
– Enable SSL Security
– Install WordPress
– Install Initial Plugins:
– Security Plugin
– Coming Soon Plugin
– Get a Theme:
– Step 1: Browse Themes: [AGENCY INPUT REQUIRED] 2-3hrs
– Free Themes: https://wordpress.org/themes/
– Paid Themes: https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress
– If using a paid theme:
– Step 1: Supply the total cost of the theme to BIT.
– Step 2: BIT will purchase the paid theme; Allowing BIT to immediately download the latest version of the theme for future upgrades/updates over time.
– Step 2: Install Theme
PHASE 1 – Initial Content [AGENCY INPUT/CONTENT REQUIRED] – Duration: 24hrs
– Agency Logo
– Director/Commissioner Photo
– Director/Commissioner Message
– About Agency / Mission Statement
– Contact Information (for all locations):
– Hours of Operation
– Office Email
– Designated Person(s) who will manage correspondence from the Office Email address.
– Phone Number(s)
– Department Directory & Extensions
PHASE 2 – Main Content [AGENCY INPUT/CONTENT REQUIRED] – Duration: 5-7 Business Days
– 3-5 Recent Blog Posts (i.e. Newsletters, Press Releases)
– Urgent Content (i.e. Compliance content, Budget, etc. to prioritize)
– General Content (i.e. Services, Functions of internal departments, etc.)
– Org Chart (Name, Job Titles, where they are located in the organization from the top down (this can be a hand drawing, it doesn’t have to be perfect but readable)
– Downloadables (i.e. PDF Forms)
– Staff Directory Listing (Names, Job Titles, Phone # and/or Extensions, designated island)
PHASE 3 – Final [AGENCY INPUT/CONTENT REQUIRED] – Duration: 2-14days
– Research Advanced/Paid 3rd Party Services (i.e. fillable forms, eCommerce, scheduling, etc.)
– Demo 3rd Party Solutions (to determine best-fit solutions)
– Schedule Implementation for chosen 3rd Party Services
– Deploy 3rd Party Solutions
PHASE 4 – Agency Reviews Completed Website – Duration: 24-48hrs